Where can I get free legal advice if I need an attorney?
Many attorneys will speak with individuals and interview them briefly without charge. For persons otherwise unable to afford legal representation some level of legal aid may be available. Legal Aid offices are located at:

Mid-Missouri Legal Services Corporation
205 E Forest Ave
Columbia, MO 65203-4302
Phone: (573) 442-0116
(800) 568-4931
Fax: (573) 875-0173

Legal Services of Southern Missouri
2872 S Meadowbrook Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Phone: (417) 881-1397
(417) 881-0533
Fax: (417) 881-2159

The Missouri Bar Lawyer Referral Service, located in Jefferson City, MO, provides referrals to attorneys on a statewide basis, excluding St. Louis and Springfield. Contact: (573) 636-3635

Show All Answers

1. What are the duties of the City Attorney?
2. Does the City Attorney write City laws?
3. How do I get a copy of the Municipal Code?
4. What is the difference between the City Attorney and the County Prosecuting Attorney?
5. Can the City Attorney give legal advice to private citizens?
6. Where can I get free legal advice if I need an attorney?