The Board of Appeals hears and decides appeals of orders, decisions or determinations made by the Building Official relative to the application and interpretation of the City's building codes. Appeals shall be based on a claim that the true intent of the code adopted by the City has been erroneously interpreted, not fully applied, or an equally better form of construction is proposed. The Board of Appeals has no authority to waive requirements of the City's adopted codes.
The Building Official is a non-voting member by virtue of title with the City. Voting members are appointed by the Mayor, confirmed by the Board of Aldermen, and serve five year rotating terms. Meetings are held on an as needed basis only.
- Kevin Carter (Ward III) - Term Expires 05/2026
- Anthony Westhusing - Term Expires 05/2022
- Jason Muller - Term Expires 05/2024
- Dave Krehbiel - Term Expires 05/2024
- Terry Ross - Term Expires 05/2025
- Matt Stephens - Term Expires 05/2023 - Alternate
- Kurt Flickinger - Term Expires 05/2023 - Alternate