- Municipal Court
- Notice of Rights in Municipal Division
Notice of Rights in Municipal Division
I understand that I have the following rights including the right to plead not guilty:
1. The right to be fully advised of the nature of the charges against me.
2. The right to be represented by an attorney.
3. If I am indigent and court not afford an attorney I may be able to have an attorney appointed to represent me.
4. The right to a trial or a trial by jury of 12 people and all 12 jurors would have to find me guilty before I could be found guilty.
5. The right to bring witnesses to testify on my behalf at a trial.
6. The right to subpoena witnesses (to order them to appear at trial) to testify on my behalf.
7. The right to remain silent at trial, not be forced to testify if I did not want to testify and my silence could not be used against me.
8. At trial I would be presumed innocent and the City would have to prove that I am guilty beyond a reasonable doubt at trial.
9. If I had a trial and I would found guilty I have the right to appeal the decision to the Associate Circuit Court in Camden county and could have a new trial.
10. If I plead guilty or am found guilty, I may present evidence of my financial situation for the Court to consider in determining my ability to pay fines and/or court costs and to establish payment requirements.
I have been fully advised of the charges against me and I have been advised of the range of punishment is a fine and court costs up to $225.00 for minor traffic violations, or a fine between $1.00 up to a maximum of $500.00 and/or 1 days in jail to a maximum of 90 days in jail.
I am aware that my plea of guilty could expose me to enhancement of criminal penalties in the event I face any similar charges in the future, and that such plea of guilty will expose me to such other administrative or statutory requirements pertaining to my driving privileges as may be imposed by the Court or the Department of Revenue.